Thank you for completing the Information Request Form. Please note Military Sealift Command only accepts application packages for open positions. If you meet the minimum employment requirements and have the experience and qualifications to fill an open position, we welcome your application package for employment consideration.
You must be:
You may not be hired if you fail to report:
How to Start the Process
1. The first step will be to create a profile by completing the Information Request Form (IRF), even if you have completed one online or at a job fair in the past. This is found under the Start the Process tab on the website.
2. After completing the IRF a confirmation email will be sent to you to verify/confirm your email address. MSC will use the email address associated with your account to communicate with you about upcoming opportunities and other important updates.
3. After clicking on the link to confirm the profile creation you will be prompted to complete the remainder of the extended profile. Note: This can be done when there is an open position you are interested in applying for, or if you want to ensure you are ready when your desired position opens.
4. You will need to complete all of the extended profile before an application can be submitted. You will be asked about your education, prior relevant work experience, prior federal and/or military service, and other background information. After entering this information you will not need to re-enter it in the future. These answers will be used to complete the MSC employment application and your resume so please be as detailed as possible.
5. You will then be prompted to scan/upload any necessary documentation such as your Merchant Mariner Credential, TWIC, U.S. Passport, etc. into the system. An application will not be created,and cannot be submitted, until all the required documentation has been uploaded.
6. Once you have completed your extended profile you will be given the opportunity to view open positions, enter your responses to the Evaluation Criteria statements (KSAs) relevant to the position you wish to apply for, submit an electronic application for employment and print a copy for your reference. Note: The information shared in this section is important as it will be used to evaluate your skills and experience.
7. The secure website will save this information in your profile and will allow you to update as necessary when you are ready to submit an application for employment with MSC.
8. Each time your profile is updated you will be sent a confirmation email for your records.
9. After you have successfully submitted an electronic application you will be sent a confirmation email letting you know that MSC has received your application for consideration. You will be able to track the status of your application through your profile. If you application is missing any documentation/information you will be notified via email.
If at any time during the process you have a question you can call the CIVMAR Support Center at 888-891-4072.